Sunday

A few thoughts on being good enough.....

 
 
 
Do you hear this coming from your life at all?
Namaste all!  I hope you're having a great weekend!  I've been having a reoccurring theme happen in my life the past few years.....and I wanted to share something that happened this week that sort of cements for me THIS is why I am here.....this is my life's purpose. And I believe....YOU are reading this for a reason as well.....
 
You've probably noticed that in past posts, I explained that I had spent years of my life trying to fit into what everyone TOLD me I was....who everyone else defined me to be.  And....that I never felt good enough.....even for myself.
 
I was meditating earlier this week, and was drawn to remember a scripture from my Catholic upbringing.....
       

Matthew 6:25-34 ESV     

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. ...
********************
I also was drawn to a video from Afterlife TV, that contained an interview with a woman who lost her son to a disease at a very young age....
In the video, she talks about what her son taught her, and is STILL teaching her today. 
http://youtu.be/R0nw5JsNTN4

This young man could not care for himself....at all. His mother did everything for him.  Yet he touched her life in extraordinary ways. HE was enough....even though his body was not like everyone else's in the world.  He was provided for....and he accomplished his purpose here. He continues to change the world today......


In the video, the woman talks about what her son has taught her about the 'Life Review' that some say they go through during an NDE.  Some people see loved ones.....beautiful places....

Others have an entirely different experience....where they see suffering....anguish....Hell. Yet they ALL come back from either experience a changed being....seeing life differently. With a different meaning.....and many reach out to fellow man, as well as opening up to recognizing different realities than what they believed before. Realities that are different about themselves, and about this life. 

The woman explains that the life reviews reflect what WE need to learn....a lesson that we are working on to grow as a soul.  She even explains pain....and people who do terrible things in this life....such as terrorists or Hitler.....


She simply says....that PAIN....ILLNESS and TRAGEDY is meant to teach us. Its meant to teach us our worth....and our strength.....both personally, and collectively!
And if you think about it....it makes sense.  Because in the face of tragedy--what do we do as a people? We support. We pray--we reach out to one another. And we love.....
And....we become enough for each other to make it through.  We discover our worth.

As a Witch....I've slowly been learning that my being does contain everything I need. I AM enough, because of who I am made to be, and because the Lord and Lady are within me.....but my DUTY is to reach out and to give of my unique gifts to others....and be open to receiving what they have to share.  And I am beginning to expect that kind of respect from those around me.  I wasn't always of that mindset.  At times, quite frankly, I was the proverbial doormat.....and then I walked around hurting and wounded.

Amazingly....my husband to be is one of the catalysts that the Lord and Lady used in the past few months to drive this point home.  He and I have both been working on dealing with this 'doormat' issue in our lives.....and he emphatically told me point blank when I was upset talking to him recently, that I needed to speak up and not be worried about hurt feelings.  I shouldn't let anyone step on me....and he included himself in that statement.  He explained how HE sees me as a person.....and that he expected me to walk with dignity....with EVERYONE.....

And he can tell you--I've been working on taking that to heart....because it is important.  I still slip....I'm human. But its becoming something I am not afraid to express....and to reach for.

Here's the part of what occurred that totally blew me away today.......
I was meditating on the events above....and I asked for any other light to be shed on what I needed to know about this path.  One thing came to mind.....and its something I am going to have to ponder for a very long time.

'What if the BIGGEST transgression we can make in life is walking around not being enough?'

I think my jaw hit the floor with that.  I honestly think that being enough, and REALIZING IT--is why we're ALL here.  I mean, Christianity teaches that Jesus was killed to cover us for wrongdoing....to basically 'make us enough'.....yet look at the words above from the very book that guides it all!  Jesus also reached out to those who were treated as though they were NOT enough....and recognized them as enough by his compassion. And he told them to go forth in that light.  He treated those who wanted to squash that with contempt....and his very life and death was a protest against the fact that people were NOT treated as enough! 

Now.....look back at the sentence above, that I underlined in bold.....and contemplate this.....
'He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquity'!  His whole entire ministry, and the reason he was sent, was BECAUSE we don't recognize our own value--either in ourselves, or in each other!


My whole life has been a dichotomy.....I was walking wounded. But I really was built to be enough!

I now know, I was born a Witch.  And I was fighting that....because it wasn't good in the eyes of others.  I wasn't 'inherently' good as a Christian, because I was born in Sin....and would never be healed unless I 'put on Christ'.  But--at church each week, it was like I had to continue to repent....like I still wasn't enough--even though I tried to walk with Christ.  I was ALWAYS broken.....I could walk out of the church on my feet, but somehow, during the week, it was like I was brought to my knees again....not enough.  Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying its OK to hurt others, or disrespect anyone....in fact, as a Witch, I firmly feel I am responsible to 'DO NO HARM'.  What I am saying here though--is that it is precisely that which we are ALL to learn here in this life....

That is why we suffer....to teach us that together....we rise above that. Tragedy and pain, illness and sin are not a part of us....they are outside of us....we RESPOND to it....and we learn from it.


As a Witch...I've learned to stand tall. Yes, I make mistakes. But, I don't dwell on them, and I try to move forward.  Again....reoccurring theme.  The dawning light for me was today....with that sentence in bold.  I CANT walk around feeling less than I am anymore....otherwise....I miss my chance in this life to make a difference.  And I want to thank my husband, as well as the Lord and Lady....for actually breaking through more of that wall I had up of realizing that....

Namaste........

No comments:

Post a Comment